Micro Data Centres
Many small server room, comms room and wiring closet environments that support core and edge computing have developed organically over time. As additional equipment and services have evolved it is very common for these rooms to become cluttered with poor IT cabling, unsuitable power and inappropriate or undersized data centre cooling systems.
Concerns around latency are driving the need for applications such as industrial process control where processing delays need to be minimised, and others like content distribution networks that need to place data closer to the point of consumption due to bandwidth considerations. This is helping to drive an increased demand for local ‘Edge’ Micro Data Centre On Premise Infrastructure.
Workspace Technology’s highly resilient, efficient and secure Edge Hybrid Micro Data Centres provide complete business agility. Designed to protect your IT compute services that support your local network, public cloud connection, localised private cloud and production activities, including bandwidth intensive content and latency sensitive applications.
The criticality of computing and network functions performed in these edge environments is no less important than those functions performed in larger corporate data centres or within the cloud.
Micro Data Centres are designed to house both core and edge IT functions critical to the operation of both SME and corporate business enterprises. Our Data Centre solution addresses the fundamentals of racks, power, cooling, fire suppression, wiring, security and environmental monitoring requirements.
Workspace Technology work with clients to help renovate, relocate and provide new build server room, comms room and wiring closet Micro Data Centre solutions applying on the same "best practice" data centre design and build principles that are common place in large corporate and cloud based data centres.
Repeatable IT Hub Rooms
Workspace Technology Repeatable IT Hub Rooms are designed for large buildings, campus and distributed ROBO (Remote Office & Branch Office) environments where IT rooms are distributed across the estate helping reduce costs using standardised components and layouts.
We have proven experience of providing Healthcare and other government organisations with standardised, proven technology in-line with Government Construction Strategy (GCS) reducing the cost of construction. The Repeatable Hub Room solution can of course be adapted for commercial use across large organisations.
- Standardised Model – Creation of a Core Standardised Design to suit all
- Cost Effective – Maximising investment to reduce OPEX and CAPEX costs. Removes the cost associated with one off designs or use of consultants
- Energy Efficient – Maximise IT energy efficiency and minimise carbon emissions by producing a facility which delivers industry leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) levels
- Resilient – Redundancy & Resilience built in to ensure system availability
- Secure – Physical & Electronic security built within
- Adaptable, Scalable & Re-Deployable – To allow the facility to grow and expand in-line with IT demands over its entire lifetime
- Rapidly Deployable – Decreases the time taken to deploy a new facility using Modular Architecture
- Easily Maintainable – Ease of access to services combined with the incorporation of Modular Hot Swappable Technology, all covered by an SLA service agreement to ensure operational functionality