Freecool® by Workspace Technology is an award-winning cooling system which offers significant energy savings when compared to traditional DX cooling technology when deployed in data centre, industrial and commercial building environments.
Freecool® technology makes the use of the outside air to cool data centre or computer room environments. However, unlike simple air economisers which require supplemental DX or Chilled water cooling when external ambient temperatures exceed 21ºC, Freecool® engages the evaporative cooling system mechanism which reduces actual external air temperature by simply passing the airflow through wet filter pads.
Freecool deployment benefits include;
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- Significantly reduced energy consumption and operating costs
- Supports existing cooling technologies
- Improved Data Centre PUE* Efficiency Ratings
- Improved company "Green Credentials"
- Improved resilience with practical support by UPS systems
- Flexible airflow configuration plan options
* Power Usage Effectiveness is the industry recognised standard for data centre room efficiency measurement developed by the Green Grid.
Excellent Commercial Return
The golden rule of energy efficiency technology deployment is to ensure that the savings are greater than the costs.
Due to the exceptional energy savings that Freecool® technology will make, the return on investment is typically 18 to 36 months.* Over the predicted minimum 15-year life of the system it is projected that Freecool® technology will payback multiples of the initial investment.
* Payback periods will depend on the complexity of the installation and the cooling load.
In addition to our award winning Freecool® technology we also offer an array additional data centre cooling systems.
Contact our team today to find out how Freecool® evaporative cooling systems can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint whilst ensuring your data centre infrastructure’s temperature is maintained.