Your Personal Data – What is It?
Personal data relates to a living individual that can be identified by the data provided to us. Identification can be by the information supplied or in conjunction with other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into possession. The processing is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/17 (abbreviated to GDPR).
Who decides how your information is processed?
Name: Roy Griffiths
Address: 10 Reddicap Trading Estate, Sutton Coldfield, B75 7BU. Tel: 0121 354 4894
This person decides how your personal data is processed within our organisation.
How do we process the information you provide?
The Data Controller complies with all obligations under GDPR by keeping your personal data safe, secure and up-to-date. This includes storing, destroying, or retaining excessive amounts of data. They are also responsible for loss or misuse, preventing unauthorised access and disclosure and that appropriate technical measures are in place to make sure your information is secure.
For what purpose will your data be processed?
Workspace Technology Limited will use your data to enable use to supply goods and services to you during our normal business activity.
Workspace Technology Limited may also take details from you which may be used to process credit checks, or credit applications. This information may be passed to other third-party organisations, such as banks, accredited credit agencies and suppliers.
In addition, with your agreement, we may use the information supplied to send you technical information, newsletters and other information which you be interested in receiving.
We may also use the data as part of our quality system to request feedback on our services and help us improve our delivery to customers.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Workspace Technology Limited has a lawful basis under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR regulation which gives us a lawful basis for processing. This includes where processing is necessary for the performance of a ‘Contract’ to provide goods or services, to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
Where you the customer have requested a quotation for goods and services and we need to obtain personal data to provide you with the information requested.
We may share your information to other parties in fulfilment of a contract, this may include credit agencies, financial institutions, our suppliers and delivery companies.
Where Workspace Technology Limited needs to process the personal data to comply with a common law or a statutory obligation.
Only with your agreement will Workspace Technology Limited use your data (name, contact number, email address) for our own marketing purposes, we will not sell or share your personal data with other companies.
Workspace Technology Limited may also use your personal data during their operations to improve the quality of their goods and services.
Your Rights Under GDPR
1. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data Workspace Technology Limited holds about you.
2. The right to correct any inaccurate personal information.
3. The right to request erasure of personal information where it is no longer necessary to retain the information for statutory contractual purposes.
4. The right to withdraw your consent for processing at any time if consent is relied upon as a processing condition.
5. The right to request that the data controller provides the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability) – this only applies where processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated process.
6. The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data to request a restriction be paced on further processing.
7. The right to object to the processing of personal data (only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests).
8. The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Communication Office on 0303 123 1113.
Should Workspace Technology Limited wish to use your personal data for any other reason not covered by this data protection notice we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing.