Raised Floor Systems
The raised access floor is an integral part of any data centre and very often acts as the plenum facilitating the delivery of cold air to critical equipment cabinets. In addition to our recommended technical cleaning services Workspace Technology provides planned maintenance services which should be performed as part of an overall data centre Preventative Maintenance strategy.
Depending on the facility the inspection and service frequency will range from one or two visits per year.
Service Plan Schedule
- Walk access floor to check carpet or vinyl surface for integrity. Make a report of any damaged tiles.
- Walk floor to check for rocking and unstable tiles. Where problems are identified adjustments, relocking and re-fixing of pedestals will be made to stabilize the structure. Where pedestal caps are damaged these will be replaced.
- Check all ramps steps and hand rails for stability and integrity. Refix any loose or unstable components.
- Check for location of air grille tiles. Ensure these are all positioned within the cold aisles. Identify and make recommendations to relocated grille tiles where appropriate.
- Check all cable penetrations and floor grommets to ensure they are effective in preventing air leaks. Refit any loose systems. Identify and make recommendations where unauthorized penetrations causing air leaks are identified.
- Check the perimeter of the room to ensure tiles are fully sealed to the edge of the room. Replace any damaged edging trim where required.
- Check the integrity of earthing continuity within head caps. Replace any missing or damaged continuity strips.
- Check that there are no blockages within floor void that effect airflow performance. Report any blockages that are of concern.
- Check tiles and floor void around the Air Conditioning units. Ensure these are full sealed and there is no water damage. Report any damage.
- Check access floor alignment. Reposition any miss placed panels and report any missing tiles.
Workspace Technology provide specialist design, build and installation solutions for raised access system projects, for applications like the data centre environment and comms or server rooms in commercial buildings alike. All equipment, products, panels and deck structures etc are state of the art and supported by Workspace Technology’s expert guidance and assistance.
For further information on our access solutions, please click through to our Flooring Systems home page.