Riello Master HE Series 100-800kVA Parallel to 6.4MVA
The Master HE series is available from 100 to 800 kVA. The UPS features a new on-line double-conversion technology utilising IGBT and DSP (Digital Signal Processor) control to provide maximum protection, power quality and green energy for any type of application including primary datacentres, disaster recover sites, telecoms rooms, industrial processes and security applications.
High efficiency stands for higher active power available if compared with legacy UPS thanks to output unitary p.f. Nominal power is granted with no downgrading independently from operating temperature.
Zero Impact Source and Efficiency
Master HE has a zero impact on connected power sources – grid networks or generators:
- Up to 99% Efficient – 95.5% in Online Mode
- Unity p.f.
- ≤ 3% input/output current distortion
- Input power factor 0.99
- Power walk-in function – to ensure a progressive rectifier start-up
- Start-up delay function – to restart the rectifier when the mains power supply is restored
- Suitable with the following types of battery – VRLA AGM / GEL; NiCd; Supercaps; Li-ion; Flywheels
- Smart Grid Ready
Battery Management Technology
The Riello Master Plus HE shares battery management technology with the traditional Master Plus models, to help them achieve maximum battery performance and prolonged design life. Specific features of the new battery management technology include:
- Battery charging is set on two voltage levels to optimise recharge current and reduce recharge times
- Temperature compensated charging with protection against deep discharges to reduce ageing and prolong battery life
- Use of a charge blocking system to reduce electrolyte consumption and further lengthen life of sealed lead acid (VRLA) batteries
- Automatic battery testing to provide advanced indication of potential battery failures
Flexibility, Parallel Running and System Expansion
The Riello Master HE has been designed for a number of applications from IT to the most demanding electrical environments. With a wide range of accessories (UGS – UPS Group Synchroniser and PSJ – Parallel Systems Joiner), Master HE UPS can be configured by Workspace Technology into a suitable architecture for the most critical load applications. All Master Plus models feature an output transformer with galvanic isolation (between the load and the battery supply) providing greater versatility and installation options.
The UPS can be supplied from two separate power sources (mains power and a second emergency standby source), helping to increase the resilience of parallel system configurations.